Welcome

Welcome to my blog. I am a 28 year old stay at home mom of two wonderful children. My son just turned 10 and my daughter just turned 3. I hope that you enjoy reading everything and if you have any questions or comments please let me know. I hope you have a great day!

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Pamper Yourself

I was thinking that all moms (and children) need a little pampering everyday. Below you will find a list of products I currently use everyday to pamper myself and my family. Making a few simple changes to the products you currently use can help you live a less stress free day.

I just discovered this new body wash from Dove. It is called Go Fresh Refresh Body Wash. That is a mouthful, lol. This body wash is great for the morning because it has a great scent of waterlily and fresh mint which leaves your skin with a gentle, tingly, refreshing feeling. It really helps wake you up, which I totally need. It also is an ultra-light hydrating formula so it leaves your skin feeling very soft and moisturized all day. For more information on this Dove product or others like it please visit their website here.

The next item on my list for moms is the new Revitalizing Foaming 4 in 1 Cleanser from Biore. This cleanser is awesome! It makes your skin feel refreshed and awake. It has natural ingredients like sugar beet (a known skin conditioner), antioxidant green tea leaf, and eucalyptus. It cleans away all dirt, oil, and makeup, not to mention surface toxins. I have very sensitive skin and I love that this cleanser doesn't make my face feel dry and tight after being washed. If you want a little extra wakeup power, then I would definitely try this wash. For more information on this product or Biore's other products, please visit their site here.

This next product is pampering for your child! I have always used Johnson and Johnson baby washes or Suave kids shampoo. I always thought that they were doing the job of cleaning my children's hair. I mean they are kids, they don't need expensive shampoos to get their hair clean right? Wrong! Paul Mitchell's Baby Don't Cry shampoo is around $7 for an average sized bottle, but it lasts forever. It is super thick and you don't need much.

My 3 year old daughter was using Suave kids shampoo for the past 2 years. I was at my hairdresser and saw a sample of this shampoo for $2 so I decided I would bring it home to see if it even made a difference in her hair. The very first time I washed her hair, it was super shiny(the Suave didn't make it look like that). Also the most important detail is that her light blond hair was actually way lighter! Apparently the Suave wasn't cleaning out all the dirt so her hair looked darker than it was.

This shampoo can also be used as a body wash which is great. If you factor in what you would pay for both a shampoo and conditioner, then the $7 isn't all that bad. Now it is tearless and gentle with mild cleansers and a neutral pH. It contains chamomile and cone flower extract to help calm and soothe the skin and the scalp.
Please get a sample bottle and at least give this a try, it is worth the couple of dollars. For more information regarding this product or Paul Mitchell's other products, please visit his website here.

The last product I want to talk about is Tide Simple Pleasures Lavender & Vanilla Laundry Detergent. This is the best detergent for the whole family! I buy this and only use it on towels and blankets. There is nothing better than cuddling up in your warm bed and smelling the scent of sweet lavender & warm vanilla. It is a very relaxing and soothing scent. I also use the fabric softener sheets that match. I actually get the generic Target brand of the sheets. They smell exactly the same and are much cheaper than the name brand ones. I really wish Target would start making this detergent in their generic brand also. For more information on this product or Tides other products please visit their site here.

If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to ask, thanks again for reading my blog!


No comments:

Weight Loss Ticker