Welcome

Welcome to my blog. I am a 28 year old stay at home mom of two wonderful children. My son just turned 10 and my daughter just turned 3. I hope that you enjoy reading everything and if you have any questions or comments please let me know. I hope you have a great day!

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Day #2 Challenge- Exercise for at least 30 minutes


Yesterday I challenged you to get dressed down to your shoes. Today I am challenging you to do at least 30 min of exercise. I know that sounds like no fun at all. The purpose of these challenges is to get us off our butts and get us doing things to make us happier moms. When you exercise, your body releases endorphins that are sent to your brain. Those endorphins make you feel happy. Exercise is also a good way to release any stress you may be having. I know when I do exercise, which lately hasn't been that often, I use all the stress I have to push me even further with my workout.

There are two ways we can do this challenge. One, we can do it the old fashioned way and actually do exercises or two, we can do it a new way by using our daily household chores to exercise. One of the things I like to do is walk on the treadmill at a fast pace for at least 20 min everyday. Now if you don't have a treadmill, you can run up and down stairs if you have them. If you don't have either one of them, you need to get your cardio in somehow. You can vacuum your entire house, dance with your child, anything that gets your heart going for 20 min. Next I like to do a 20-30 min Yoga DVD or show. The Biggest Loser DVDs are great. They are hard but they have 3 levels of workouts for you to do.

Now you may say, when do I have time for this daily exercise? Well there are a few times a day you can do this. If you like to get up early (which I do not, lol) then you can do them 30 minutes to an hour before the kids wake up in the morning. There is also your child's nap time, or after your child goes to bed. Just remember an excuse is just a lie you tell yourself to get out of doing something you don't want to do. You make excuses to try and make yourself not feel guilty. So stop making excuses and get moving! You have the time, you just have to look for it.

Thanks for reading my blog, if you have questions or comments, I would love to hear from you.

No comments:

Weight Loss Ticker