Welcome

Welcome to my blog. I am a 28 year old stay at home mom of two wonderful children. My son just turned 10 and my daughter just turned 3. I hope that you enjoy reading everything and if you have any questions or comments please let me know. I hope you have a great day!

Friday, November 21, 2008

How to Make your Husband think you are awesome! (without that much work)



I have discovered the perfect daily schedule to wow our husbands. This routine that I do everyday has our house looking perfect and sparkly clean. Your house will look like it is a picture in a catalog. You may say, I have small children, How is this possible? Well I will tell you, it is! When doing my schedule, your daily cleaning will never take more than 1 hour to complete. I usually do it first thing in the morning so it is done. The only thing you have to do all day, is pick up toys from the kids. If they are old enough they can help you with that. You will feel like you have so much time on your hands, you won't know what to do with it! Ok here it goes:

The first week of my plan is always the hardest part. You will need to stick to the plan and take it one day at a time. By the beginning of the second week your house will be totally perfect. If there are any chores you have around the house that I do not list here, just add them to a lighter day. Also if you have more or less bathrooms, you can add or subtract them as well. This gives you an idea of how to make a daily schedule. Make sure you type this out, print it, and post it somewhere you will see it everyday.

My Morning routine, I do this 7 days a week:

1. Do the laundry- this is one of the best ideas I have had. I gather up all the clothing, towels, etc from the day before and do 4 small loads, one whites, one dark, one light, and one towels. If you do this everyday it will never get out of control and you will always have clean everything. It doesn't take up much time either. I totally hate doing laundry, I never thought doing it everyday would be the thing for me. I actually don't mind doing the laundry now.
2. Vacuum the entire house-This only takes a short time to do and it makes your house look nice and clean. You never have to worry about company showing up unannounced because your house will be perfect at all times.
3. Wash Glass- Go through your house and clean any glass you may have. If you have small children like I do, then you understand the fingerprints and mouth prints you get on glass doors or on other stuff.

In addition to the daily morning routine, I choose a few things to do Monday thru Friday that keeps my house perfect. Remember your cleaning schedule never takes more than 1 or 2 hours(2 hours if your house is bigger than mine, mine is 1800 sq feet) to do a day. This time includes the morning routine.

Monday:

Clean Powder Room
Wipe down all trim & all doors

Tuesday:

Dust- this means everything, even your light fixtures!
Mirrors & Windows

Wednesday:

Kids Bathroom
Wash Walls- I go through the house and wipe any fingerprints or dirt off.

Thursday:

Change all bed sheets
Wash Floors-not the carpet, just any hard flooring throughout the house

Friday:

Clean Master Bathroom
Organize-this could be any area of the house that tends to get cluttered

Saturday & Sunday

Morning routine only-this should only take you like 30 minutes to do, then you are off for the rest of the weekend! Well off from cleaning, now I can't really help you with the cooking and the children, but hey at least we are not cleaning constantly!

3 comments:

Steph at Problem Solvin' Mom said...

Great schedule! It definitely helps me to keep on a schedule and spread chores throughout the week. I find it challenging to keep up since I work outside the home full time at the moment.

Stefanie said...

Thanks for the comment :) Before my daughter I was working full time too and I had to come up with an entirely different schedule, it wasn't as easy as this one is. I definitely look up to hard working moms like yourself, keep it up!

Musings from Me said...

Your schedule seems overwhelming to me -- just reading it. However. I may try the laundry every day. I had my children sort thorugh 100 socks. Just found another load of socks in dryer. Too many! I tend to let everything pile up. I do enormous loads and will try the smaller loads.

Thanks for checking out my blog. I will come back and check on your organization hints.

Weight Loss Ticker